Founded in 1934
Founded by Harold Price and William Oliver in September 1934, making us Birmingham’s longest established independent architectural ironmongers, Price & Oliver have been supplying high quality architectural ironmongery throughout our history.
Now a fourth generation business our long standing ethos of quality of product and service remains in place to this day.
Always in Birmingham, we started life in Wilton Street, moving to Well Street and then New John Street West followed by Lozells Road where we remained for over 50 years until early 2018. We are now located in newly renovated premises at Freeth Street in the Port Loop area of Ladywood.
We were one of the first architectural ironmongers in the world to have an accredited Quality System achieving what was then BS 5750 in 1992. Our Quality system is still in place to this day and is now accredited to ISO 9001:2015.
Price & Oliver have long-standing relationships with local and international manufacturers of the highest quality products including Frank Allart, Finesse, Brassart and Kirkpatrick who continue to manufacture items in Great Britain. We also supply products by Glutz, Allegion, Assa Abloy, Heritage Brass and many other leaders in the field.
In consultation with architects, specifiers and clients P&O produce schedules of ironmongery and offer free advice for any size or type of project.